Audiences were enthusiastic about our most recent production 'It's So Last Century' - a tribute to works from the mid 20th-Century. It was an entertaining reimagining of four fabulous operas that have never been, or are rarely performed, in Australia.
Gian Carlo Menotti's wrote the words and music for 'The Telephone', the lyrics for 'A Hand of Bridge' (music by Samuel Barber) and for 'Introductions and Goodbyes' (music by Lukas Foss) in the '40s, '50s and '60s. Carl Orff wrote 'Die Kluge' ('The Clever One') in the 1940's.
The production, which ran 17-19 November 2024, comprised 10 singers, 16 musicians at the Australian Chamber Orchestra Orchestra venue, The Neilson, Pier 2/3, Dawes Point.
Our previous show in 2023, Peer Gynt, was a triumph. It was a contemporary interpretation of a rarely-performed music theatre classic. For the first time in decades the libretto by Henrik Ibsen and the much-loved music by Edvard Greig were performed together as originally planned. It was a rollicking saga that followed the fortunes (see photos below) of the feckless Peer - a Norwegian folk hero. Learn more about our Peer Gynt performance
Our incredible community of supporters, especially our volunteers and donors, makes our performances possible. We are so grateful for their generosity. We could not do it without them.
Please donate to help us put on future productions if you have the means. It pays our professional performers and musicians and keeps our prices down so everyone can attend.
watch some of our past performances
Endangered Productions creates inclusive musical events with voices, instruments and heart.
The team's past productions include:
- It's So Last Century - four Modernist operas from 1944-60
- Peer Gynt - Grieg's memorable score to Ibsen's epic tale
- Double Trouble - a Mozart and Bach tribute in Sydney
- Bach's Coffee Cantata which travelled to Bobin as part of our Bach to Bush Tour of regional areas.
- Nordic Noir celebrated all things Norwegian - including a world-premiere one-act play (Virus - A Fugue) and dance-and-songs Peer Gynt tasters.
- Yeomen of the Guard and The Beggars Opera in collaboration with FAMS Theatre Company.
- Trial by Jury with the Loosely Woven Troupe.
ways to join the community
♥ Suggest someone for our Social Inclusion Program. It provides creative opportunities for people who might otherwise be excluded or marginalised through disability or disadvantage.
♥ Become a mentor or mentee. We particularly welcome skilled, creative, arts practitioners, perhaps retired, Super Citizens who are willing to act as mentors.
♥ Get a gig. Our productions provide work opportunities for professional musicians, singers, and actors.